But anyway, we are looking for a senior developer and software architect to join the Ubisense myWorld product team. If you read this blog you're probably familiar with myWorld, but if not you can get a short video overview here. We feel that we're changing the face of complex enterprise geospatial applications by applying modern web technologies and open source products like Google and Bing Maps, OpenLayers, MapFish and PostGIS. We have several large projects under way in communications and utility companies. The product is new and the team is small, so this position offers a great opportunity to have a significant impact on the product and the next wave of enterprise geospatial applications.
We're after an experienced web developer with both client and server side skills, and experience with web mapping technologies. Any items from the following list are desirable, I don't really expect anyone to hit all of these!
- Experience with web mapping APIs such as Google, Bing or OpenLayers
- PostGIS (or other spatial databases)
- iOS or Android development
- GIS / geospatial experience (Smallworld, ESRI, Intergraph, etc)
- Experience with utility and telecom applications
- Experience with source control systems such as github or similar
The official job posting should be up on our web site shortly, but in the mean time feel free to email me and copy our careers address if you're interested, with your resume and/or summary of relevant experience.