Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thomas the Tank Engine and precision indoor location tracking / RTLS

Apologies for not posting for a while, my new job at Ubisense has been keeping me busy! I spent the last few days at the RFID Journal Live show in Orlando, where we did a fun demo on the Ubisense booth using Thomas the Tank Engine and his sidekick Molly to show how we can do indoor location tracking to six inch (15cm) accuracy in 3D, using just two sensors (most other ultra wideband systems require four sensors to get a 3D location - we can do this because we use Angle of Arrival, AOA, in addition to Time Difference of Arrival, TDOA ... post coming soon to explain more about that).

But in the mean time I thought you might enjoy this rough video from my iPhone showing Thomas and Molly in action (higher quality video to come at some point!).

No comments: