Thursday, March 19, 2009

Presentation on "The Geospatial Technology Revolution"

Here's a video of my recent keynote address at the WALIS CIO Forum in Perth, on "The Geospatial Technology Revolution" - it covers a wide range of thoughts on recent and future developments in the geospatial industry. It's an hour long but most of you will save a lot of travel time by not having had to fly to Perth :) !!

This was produced using ScreenFlow incidentally, which I think is a brilliant piece of software (as I have mentioned before).

Keynote talk at WALIS CIO Forum by Peter Batty from Peter Batty on Vimeo.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting your WALIS CIO Keynote address. It is refreshing to hear from an informed voice in our industry who is not pushing one platform or another but rather is discussing the big picture and everyone’s place in it. I very much enjoyed watching your talk and learned a few things as well.

Anonymous said...

who's got time to watch an hour long video online? This is the post-ipod-world, pete. Any chance of posting this in mp4 format?

Peter Batty said...

@John - you mean you're not permanently connected to the Internet?! If you sign up for free membership of vimeo and click through to the Vimeo page with the video, you can download a .mov version which you can play on your "post-ipod" (I hope)! Hey, I thought I was doing well to get some sort of digital version online to save you all that travel :) !!

Peter Batty said...

@Cherie - thanks :) !!

Anonymous said...

Any fish in this one ?

Peter Batty said...

Yes actually ... the fish make a repeat appearance in the introduction, even though I didn't get a job out of that video I figured it will serve as a good intro for a little while :).