Monday, June 11, 2007

I sense a disturbance in the Force

As I have spent the past 20 years working with various rebel organizations who all regarded ESRI as "The Dark Side", it feels a little strange for me to say that I will be attending my first ESRI user conference next week (I will be there Sunday through Tuesday). Now that I am in a "neutral" role (i.e. unemployed!), the folks at ESRI kindly agreed that I could attend - thanks to David Maguire in particular for helping out with this (despite being a Manchester United fan, David is not such a bad bloke really!). I have heard many stories about the user conference over the years, and am looking forward to the experience and to finding out more about what's going on in that part of the universe.

I was looking around for a picture to illustrate this post, and I thought this one was amusing (from Presentation Zen):I won't make any further comments for now, I've probably got myself into enough trouble with all factions already :) !!

No comments: